Siena Men's Lacrosse Yearbook

2014 Siena Lacrosse Yearbook

Issue link: http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com/i/295362

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 93 of 107

Siena College 2014 Lacrosse page 94 Saints in the Classroom Siena's student athletes posted a 95% gradua7on success rate (GSR) – the sixth highest in the na7on – according to the NCAA's latest GSR report. Siena has ranked in the top-10 percent of Division I ins7tu7ons in all eight GSR reports and is one of just 21 schools with a GSR of 93% or above in each report. Twelve of Siena's Division I sports posted perfect 100% cohort GSRs and all 18 out-performed the cohort na7onal average. Siena sports that achieved perfect cohort GSRs were men's cross country, men's golf, men's tennis, women's cross country, field hockey, women's golf, women's soccer, so'ball, swimming and diving, women's tennis, volleyball and water polo. Men's and women's tennis, women's cross country, water polo and women's golf all earned Public Recog ni7on Awards from the NCAA for pos7ng Academic Progress Rates (APR) in the top-10 percent of their respect sports across the membership. It marked the sixth consecu7ve year that women's golf was recognized, while men's and women's tennis were each honored for a fi'h straight year. 14 of Siena's 18 athle7c programs posted a cumula7ve GPA of 3.0 or higher. Siena's student athletes posted a 3.11 cumula7ve GPA. 96 student athletes were named to their respec7ve All-Academic Teams and 123 were selected to the MAAC Academic Honor Roll for maintaining a 3.2 cumula7ve GPA or higher. For a third consecu- 7ve year, women's soccer led all programs, tying a record with 12 MAAC All-Academic Team selec- 7ons. Men's soccer set a program record with 10 selec7ons and men's tennis 7ed for the conference lead with six. Men's basketball seniors O.D. Anosike and Davis Martens were named to the NABC Honors Court for a8aining cumula7ve GPAs of 3.2 or be8er. Men's soccer captains Jannis Opalka and James Beeston were named NSCAA Third Team Scholar All-Americans and were also selected to the Scholar All-East Region Team along with Falko Friedrichs, Daniel Alderstad and Sean Sullivan. Addi7onally, Opalka was named a Capital One Academic All-District selec7on for the second straight year. Women's basketball captain Lily Grenci was one of just 10 student athletes na7onally to be named to the 11th Annual Division I-AAA Athle7c Directors Associa7on Women's Basketball Scholar Athlete Team. Men's and women's soccer earned NSCAA Team Academic Awards for pos7ng cumula7ve team GPAs of 3.0 or be8er. The men's cumula- 7ve team GPA of 3.38 at the 7me was the 12th best amongst all Division I programs. Swimming and diving earned Scholar All-America status from the College Swim Coaches Associa7on of America. Five student athletes from the water polo team were named to the Associa7on of Collegiate Water Polo All-Academic Team. Rising junior Kori Swieter received the highest honor as she was named with "outstanding" dis7nc7on. GSR RANKINGS (SAs who entered school in 2005) 99% - Dartmouth, Notre Dame, Bucknell 98% - Columbia, Harvard, Holy Cross 97% - American, Northwestern, Cornell 96% - Princeton, Stanford 95% - SienA 94% - George Washington CUMULATIVE GPAS (highest to lowest) Women's Golf 3.56 Women's Soccer 3.44 Women's Cross Country 3.39 Men's Golf 3.36 Men's Tennis 3.36 Men's Soccer 3.31 Women's Tennis 3.30 So'ball 3.26 Swimming and Diving 3.26 Field Hockey 3.24 Volleyball 3.24 Men's Cross Country 3.22 Water Polo 3.20 Women's Lacrosse 3.18 Men's lacrosse 2.88 Baseball 2.78 Women's Basketball 2.71 Men's Basketball 2.54

Articles in this issue

view archives of Siena Men's Lacrosse Yearbook - 2014 Siena Lacrosse Yearbook